Asthma is a long-term medical chronic condition and occurs due to a combination of environmental and inherited factors. It leads to dangerous swelling in the airways that lead to the lungs. Moreover, it can be one of the most oppressive things to encounter if we get to know that our family member or friend is suffering from asthma. But you don’t worry; it’s one that can be managed with proper treatment of breathing machines. You just need the best nebulizer machine for home use in India which can help you.
if we checkout in the market, There are different types of nebulizers available which can convert the medication to mist differently, but they all are set up and used in similar ways.
Even Nebulizers and inhalers can be equally effective in many situations, but a nebulizer machine is better in some instances and can help you to take easy treatment of Asthma at-home use.
As thinking about to buy the best one, it’s very confusing due to so many brands available in the market. For your convenience, we have summarized Nebulizer Types, Uses, Precautions while using, Nebulizer Machine Price Online, and lastly Comparison of Top 5 Nebulizer Machines in India 2020.
What is Nebulizer?
Nebulizers are utilized for the cure of conditions like critical infections of the lungs, asthma, COPD, lung fibrosis, and also in children to ease respiratory distress. As a treatment, doctors prescribe a large dose of an inhaled medication or asthma inhaler for betterment.
Furthermore, they may also prescribe a Nebulizer for breathing therapy. One of the best things that it’s available in large and portable sizes both and according to your convenience you can buy anyone among them.
It’s basically an electric- or battery-powered versions machine and converts liquid medicine into a mist very easily through a motor. You just have to sit with the machine and breathe in through a connected mouthpiece. Then inhale the drug through a mouthpiece or a mask which is easier to use than MDIs. It is often easier for young children as well as aged persons to use because all they have to do is breathe normally.
Furthermore, Already many patients of asthma are utilizing nebulizer machine in India for home use.
Process of Nebulization
Basically, a continuous mist of medication goes into your lungs as you take slow, deep breaths for 10 to 15 minutes with the assistance of a Nebulizer machine. It allows you to breathe normally through your mouth during treatment.
Home or Tabletop Models – If we consider Home nebulizers, they are larger in size, and it’s electrical. Home nebulizers cost high as compare to portable because you have to also buy accessories.
Portable Models – If you are looking for travel- friendly Portable nebulizers, it can run through batteries. You also get an option to plug into a car outlet but it usually costs a little more. Sometimes, Portable nebulizers can be bulky and hard to carry around but still, some people prefer Portable nebulizers because they can see and feel the mist of medication.
Types of Nebulizers
Jet – Nebulizers ordinarily oldest type is Jet which can use to compress the gas to make an aerosol. You can buy it in tabletop and handheld models both according to your preference criteria. There are no COPD medication restrictions for jet nebulizers. However, they can be loud and difficult to clean.
Ultrasonic – Ultrasonic is advance than Jet and has the capability to generate an aerosol through high-frequency vibrations. It comes in handheld devices and costly than jet nebulizers and if we compare particles that are larger than with a jet nebulizer. Ultrasonic nebulizers can’t deliver certain COPD medications. This is because the device transfers heat from the ultrasonic vibrations to the medication.
Mesh – Vibrating Mesh is the latest model of Nebulizer and puts out the smallest particles. In comparison to others, they are quiet and much more portable if we compare them with other models. They need to be cleaned and handled gently. Newer handheld models are about the size of remote control. It’s also the most expensive. These nebulizers can also be hard to clean.
How Do I Use a Nebulizer?
Nebulizer is easy to use but before utilizing it you have to collect some essential items, like Air compressor, Nebulizer cup, Mask or mouthpiece, Medication (either unit dose vials or bottles with measuring devices) and Compressor tubing.
Firstly, you have to put the compressor on a flat surface where it can safely reach an outlet. Then, check to make sure all the pieces are clean and then wash your hands before prepping the medication. At that time, if your medication is premixed, place it in the container. In case you need to mix it, measure the correct amount, and then place it in the container.
After that, connect the tube to the compressor and the liquid container, attach the mouthpiece or mask.
Then, you can turn on the switch and check to see that the nebulizer is misting. At last, you have to put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your mouth around it or put the mask securely over your nose and mouth, leaving no gaps. Lastly, take slowly breath in and out until the medicine is gone. It may take just 5 to 15 minutes and keep the liquid container upright throughout the treatment.
How Do I Care for My Nebulizer?
As you know, it’s directly concerned with your or your family member’s health so it’s crucial to clean and disinfect your asthma nebulizer equipment to prevent infection each and every time you use it. For better protection, clean it in an area away from smoke, dust, and open windows.
Must be remembered, All Nebulizers can be cleaned by boiling them or running them through a dishwasher. All nebulizers need to be rinsed and dried after each use and cleaned more thoroughly once per week.
So, take the handling and care requirements into consideration so that you can use nebulizer machines easily and hygienic way in-home while using anywhere in India or somewhere else.
You just have to follow these instructions for cleaning your nebulizer:
- Whenever you use it in treatment, always rinse the nebulizer cup deeply with warm water then, shake off excess water, and let it air-dry on a daily basis. Apart from that, you don’t need to clean the compressor tubing.
- While using, on every third day, after washing your equipment, disinfect it with either vinegar or water solution or a disinfectant solution.
- To make the vinegar solution, you just have to mix ½ cup of white vinegar with 1½ cups of water after that soak the equipment for 20 minutes and at the end, rinse it well under a steady stream of water. Finally, Shake off the excess water and let it air-dry on a paper towel. Be sure it’s totally dry before storing it in a zippered plastic bag.
- Moreover, Always keep one additional nebulizer cup and mask or mouthpiece on hand.
- Take extra care to follow the equipment directions on while checking, cleaning, and replacing the filter on the air compressor.
- It’s very beneficial if you get an asthma attack suddenly at that time, you don’t need to take deep breaths while using one.
- The best part if it that multiple medications can be delivered simultaneously.
- It doesn’t matter you are using it for kids or aged people; it’s very easy to use.
- Nebulizers are usually not as easy to transport as an inhaler and often require a stationary power source.
- If we compare nebulizer with an inhaler, the delivery of medications takes a long time through a nebulizer.
Considerable factors while buying a Nebulizer
- As per Doctor Prescription – According to the patient’s condition, the doctor can suggest which kind of Nebulizer will be beneficial to take a consult with a physician to make a decision.
- According to Your Convenience – You can opt for a design as per your requirement as you are looking for a Nebulizer which would be travel friendly, then you will choose a different one. If you want to use a device at home you can pick a tabletop one.
- Features – You can consider the speed and efficiency of the mist while buying the best one. On an average basis, the delivery rate of nebulizer varies from 0.15ml/min to 0.70ml/min depending on different brands, and other factors.
- Noise Level – Nobody wants to hear weird sounds while using Nebulizer. So, it’s a most considerable factor when you are finding a perfect piece for you.
- Specific Age Factor – You are finding it for your kid or you or your elders, it makes a difference, because some Nebulizer has specially designed for kids and some for aged persons specifically. According to your specific criteria, you can choose the best one.
- Easy to Use – Some devices have multiple functions and some can operate through just a single button operation. So, choose a simple device that can be operated by kids too.
- Warranty Reliability – Many brands configure warranty policies but when customer demands, they told that it has many terms and conditions which customer has to follow. Which brand provides a warranty with fewer conditions, choose that one.
- Pricing Factor – According to features, sellers decide the pricing. But the price will not heavy on your pocket so take a look at the pricing factor also before buying the best one.
5 Best Nebulizer Machines for Home Use in India
1. Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer
Dr. Trust brand always come with something innovative and safe product to use. Its product range comprises of CE and FDA approved medical devices and health monitors, which are backed by pioneering technology. It especially used by doctors, health professionals, and home users. It can atomize into Fine Particles faster and reach the respiratory tract more effectively.
Furthermore, One of the best things that the device can convert the drug into an aerosol mist. It can reach deep into the lungs with maximum absorption. Additionally, the technology also ensures minimum wastage of medication, when breathing out. It can be used by children, aged people because they need better assistance in dealing with breathing problems as they get problem while using inhalers to take their medication.
It has an average Nebulization rate of more than 0.3 Ml/Min, Litre Flow Range is 6-8 Lpm.
Compressor Pressure Range is 40 To 50 Psi with Medication Capacity 10Ml. and aerosol output 3 Microns (More Than 75%).
This Nebulizer machine is perfect for home use as one of the best products available in India.
- RespiRight USA proven technology
- Travel friendly – Small and Portable Size
- Having Low Noise (Noise Level Less Than 55 Dba (1 M Away))
- The Best Part – Comes with a three-layer filtration that provides efficient respiratory therapy
- Encompasses a low noise operation and adjustable atomizer
- With ultra-fine particles – Strong airflow and less efficiency pump
- Helps in the treatment of bronchial asthma, acute bronchitis, and chronic bronchitis
- Suitable for Any age Person
- Easy To Clean.
- Box Includes – Nebulizer + 5 Air Filters + Air Tube + Medicine Chamber + Adult & Pediatric Mask + Mouth Piece
- Price Range – 1000-1500Rs.
- Warranty policy issues and it has a loose fitted medicine cap which you have to hold while using it.
Warranty – Having Warranty Period of up to 6 months from date of invoice for free (conditions apply)
2. Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer
Omron Nebulizer is best for lower airways respiratory diseases like asthma, COPD, cystic fybrosis or emphysema.
It has used advanced technology which can reduce drug wastage while breathing out and maximizes drug availability when breathing in. Professionals consider it as a Best Nebulizer Machine for Home Use in India.
While using Nebulizer cleaning is vital and Omron has designed this with easy to clean features. You can easily clean polypropylene without the use of silicon valves.
Easily, the Omron NE C28 Compressor Nebulizer can convert liquid medicine into aerosol droplets that can be easily inhaled
- High efficiency with the Virtual Valve Technology
- Robust design and Powerful compressor for high efficacy
- Shorter inhalation time and can operate with only single-button
- Usable to both adults and child
- MMD approximately 5 micrometer
- Nebulizer rate is only 0.4 milliliter per minute (without cap)
- Power consumption: 138VA and 1-year manufacturer’s warranty from the date of purchase
- Box Includes – Compressor, Nebulizer Kit, Air Tube (PVC, 100cm), 5 pcs Spare Air Filters, Mouthpiece, Adult Mask (PVC), Child Mask (PVC), AC adapter, Storage Bag, Instruction Manual
- Price Range – 2000-2500Rs.
- With the bulky design, it has noisy sound
Warranty – 3 years extended brand warranty from date of purchase. T&C: To claim warranty, original invoice is mandatory.
3. Control D Blue & White Compressor Nebulizer
Control D Compressor Nebulizer is portable, lightweight, and easy to carry. It creates a fine mist to allow smaller particles of the medication to be breathed inefficient way.
It’s beneficial for effective for both adults and children. Because of its compact design, it can adjust in any space and you can also use it while traveling.
Indeed, It can be used for both intensive professional and regular personal use because of its strong body and powerful piston compressor material.
- Piston compressor nebulizer
- Easy One Button Operation
- Portable Design
- Power: 230 V ac, 50 Hz
- 75 w power consumption; Medication capacity 5 ml
- Kit Includes 1 Nebulizer, 1 air tube, 1 medicine chamber, 1 adult mask & 1 child mask; Item Form: Plastic; Usage: Medicine delivery device used to administer medication in the form of a mist inhaled into the lungs.
- Price Range – 900-1200Rs.
- It looks that can be used with easy manner but difficult to handle by kids.
Warranty – One Year Warranty against Manufacturing Defects
4. Handynab Nulife Pistontype Compressor Nebulizer
Handynab Nebulizer is a reliable resource whether you use for professional or for intensive use due to its powerful compressor, safety fuse, and anti-shock case.
It comes with a diversity of accessories available. It has operating times 60 min ON 60 min OFF, Noise at 1 meter 55 dBA, and power supply (215-240vAc; 50-60 Hz) (110-130v Ac, 50-60 Hz).
Handynab Nebulizer machine prescribed by doctors in India for home use.
- Pressure Max 2.5 bar, Air Flow Min 8 LPM
- Kit Components: 1 Nulife Handyneb Nebulizer with 1 Bag, Warranty card, Mask Kit and Pump
- Lightweight and portable
- Medication capacity of two to ten ml
- Shockproof case
- Particle sizes 0.5-5 microns
- Featuring a powerful compressor which helps to result in an effective medication.
- Price Range – 1000-1500Rs.
- Warranty Service is not reliable and having low nebulizer
Warranty – It offers one year warranty on the device from the date of purchase.
5. Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer
Dr Trust Nebulizer is one of the smallest pocket-size devices, made with RespiRight technology which aids inadequate and thorough inhalation of various sorts of respiratory medications. It’s featuring to reach deep into the lungs and allow maximum absorption.
The device works effectively with saline water and medications of different viscosities. It is commonly used to treat Cystic Fibrosis, Bronchial Asthma, Asthma, Acute Bronchitis, Chronic Bronchitis, Emphysema, Pneumoconiosis, Cystic Fibrosis, Chronic Obstructive, Pulmonary Disease, Pulmonary Infection, Small Airway Disease, Respiratory Infections, and various other respiratory conditions.
- Convenient To Carry
- A detachable medication chamber of 10 mL in capacity.
- Two power sources: Can be operated through 2x AA batteries and USB cables as well.
- A single button operation
- Low noise operation – 30db of sound and causes low to no disturbance.
- Average Nebulization Rate (ml/min) 0.25 m
- Price Range – 2200-2600Rs.
- Price Issue.
Warranty – Warranty up to 6 Months from date of invoice for free by registering on manufacturer website within 15 days.
In Conclusion, I just wanted to say that as you know that Nebulizers can be an effective treatment for asthma but some models are much noisy, usually require a power source, and the treatment takes longer.
But still if you are looking for a better relief from an inhaler in case of emergency, you can utilize Nebulizers.
As in our point of view, you can opt one from Nebulizer device from Dr Trust Bestest Compressor Nebulizer or Dr Trust Portable Ultrasonic Mesh Nebulizer according to your suitability.
Doctor consultation is very crucial because according to patient condition he can suggest in the right way, for buying and using a nebulizer machine from India for home use.
If you are looking for any other Health device you can check here for more detailed overview of Best Selling Health Devices.